View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Based on my experiences with these outlets in Denali v2 and Everest, I would say they are exceptionally neutral. And by that I mean, truly neutral, as in a digital photograph of a gray card with R/G/B values of 128/128/128, not "cool" or "lean" as neutral has come to mean for some folks...
I can confirm this is what I am experiencing after having installed the CopperCONN. They do not add any coloration and sound just right. They do not sound lean, neither bloated. Just a perfect balance.

I could not resist and I installed the second one tonight. This one is feeding my Bryston BDA-3 only (along TV box and Chromecast). The first thing that struck me after the installation of the second CopperCONN is the scary increase of detail in the music. With the first CopperCONN outlet, the thing that struck me first was that the music was more "there", more forward than what I was used to. I realised that this was probably a thick layer of haze that was removed from the music. But with the second one, the poor 3$ Leviton is completely obliterated. With my reference material like Ballagusto from Adam Ben Ezra, I could hear details I have never heard coming from the back of the stage. All this was hidden not by a layer of haze, but a thick fog. The music sound supremely more precise, especially on acoustic stuff. Truly what this outlet is doing to the music is remarkable.

For those who will go straight from standard household electrical outlets to the CopperCONN, prepare to be wowed. Honestly, the increase in performance is like a huge power cable upgrade, or fuse upgrade. From a price to performance ratio, the performance they bring far outweight their initial cost. Frankly, it makes no sense to invest a large sum of cash in a sound system which is only to be fed by 1$ outlets. From my experience, it starts with the outlet or at least, the outlet is an essential part of the audio chain. Knowing that I got the outlets right, I can build from there and for me that's a relief.