Thread: MC611 Club
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I would have no reservation about Bryston. I do believe you get a lot more value in the Mac and the 20 year warranty means little to me. That would never be a deciding factor. I believe in sound signatures tremendously. I use Wilson, Mac, and AQ exclusively.

Typical example: the AQ Diamond USB cable vs. a Shunyata Sigma USB which has recently upgraded and now costs 2,000.00. I would not consider this cable because it is not part of my sound signature even though I am sure it is a fantastic cable. I am happy with my Diamond and would never introduce it into my AQ signature.

If I had one piece of advice I would recommend to choose your gear very carefully based on sound signatures. Mac has a particular sound. Dags have a particular sound, etc. Choose gear that is synergistic and stick within your sound signatures. Going from one manufacturer to another, that's not for me.

There is so much of this type of thing that goes on, I am sure it makes the manufacturers very happy. I change brands of speaker. Now I have a different sound and now I might need another amp that works better and I buy the amp but now I need new cables that work better with amp and so on. In the end you don't know what you got or what you have accomplished so then you add an equalizer to make everything "perfect".

Thank you very much for your kind answer and recommendations! Mac is definately on my list for my next upgrade path.