Thread: MC611 Club
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn2803 View Post
Yes, Bryston's focus on the customers is really second to none, and my experience dealing with Bryston Customer Service was a pleasure, including the 2 times I had issues with the channel and needed to send them in. Wow, you had Gary to come to your home and tweak the SP4? I did not know Bryston offer such service! Incredible!!

As for your question, I spent a couple of hours of listening at Overture Audio (Delaware), swapping between the 611s, 452 and 4B3. Unfortunately, my dealer did not have the 7b3 as I believe it would be a better/fairer comparison with the 611s. To my ears, the 611s paired with the 802d3s sounded more natural particularly with the voices and instruments, and more presence or feeling of "being there", sound stage seems expanded and is even more so when I have them in my room which is smaller than at the dealer. Lastly, I pick the 611s because B&W and 802 have reputation of requiring lots of power to sound at their best, and the 611s drive the 802d3 effortlessly (compared to the 4b3, but I admit that the difference is small). Honestly, if my dealer had the 7b3s on hand for the audition, my final choice may be different, and Bryston's 20-year warranty is hard to beat. I think the 28b3s would sound incredible with your B&Ws; although the 611s are no slouch. You have a very hard decision to make

I have the 803 d3 with Bryston 4b3 and always wondered how big the difference would be if I went with MC 611? Very interesting to read that you experienced that the difference was small? Do you remember any specific differencies? My next step will be 802D3 and/or different amplification.

Thanks

Johannes