Thread: E-480 is coming
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
Well said audiolover82. It's clearly evident that the importer is quite happy with his pricing structure and market share in the US. It's also apparent that Accuphase is satisfied with volume of products sold here. Until the expectations of either Accuphase or the importer change, there is no compelling reason to change pricing.

I have owned an E470 and an E600. Both have been superbly crafted and provide excellent performance. I enjoyed both pieces very much.

I personally could not justify the prices of their other gear if I decided to move up the Accuphase food chain. But that's just me. Others on this forum have made that journey and they all seem to be VERY satisfied with their decisions!

Admittedly, Accuphase does not necessarily offer the best value as compared to certain other brands but if one has a problem with the price of Accuphase, there is a whole world of other choices - as you stated!
Glad you enjoyed your Accuphase Journey. I think Accuphase has a more grip on pricing than US Distributor itself. Axiss Audio is also a distributor of Soulution but we don't see any complain on their pricing structure. It's not like Axiss audio decided to pick on Accuphase and jacked up the prices. Accuphase is in high end audio business for long time and I doubt they let any distributors walk all over them and keep extra cash on their pockets.