View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 05:02 PM

Thanks for the replies - Currently I have a dedicated theater room but we are reducing the house size by 1,000 sq ft so in the "Retirement Home" the kitchen, dining room and "gathering room" are all open to each other so the actual distance from the TV wall to the back of the sofa is 12 1/2 feet - Behind that is a 2 1/2 feet walk way and then the kitchen island ... Surround speakers will have to be in the ceiling

Mu current set up is in a dedicated room - Upfront are Revel Ultima 2 Towers powered by an MC452, Revel Voice 2 Center powered by an MC301 and surrounds and zone 2 powered by an MC205 - For source components I have an MT10 Turntable, D150 DAC, Auralic Aries, Oppo Blu Ray etc etc.... all stacked up they come to 40" high which works in my current theater but I'll be sitting to close to use that setup in the retirement home

I plan to replace the three Revel Speakers, the MC452 and the MC301 and get three front speakers that can be powered by the MC205 - That reduces the stacked equipment height to 27" so I can put an 80" Television on the wall - That should be ok when the grand kids are over sitting on the floor and casting Minecraft from their iPads ..... priorities - LOL

The challenge is finding speakers that work with the MC205- Another few weeks covid restrictions will loosen so I can start auditioning candidates ... curious what other members might pair with that amp