View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 06:58 AM
Semi-audiophile

I, too, use Kimber 12TC and have no complaints, nor urge to change them out. I'm using 2 4-ft pairs in bi-wire mode. For 5 meters, I've seen prices of $1,478 and $1,454 with standard spade termination, but I'm sure Ivan can give you a better price than either. I saw 5 meters of Venom with welded copper spades for $1340. I have no experience with Shunyata speaker cables and so won't get into which is better, but by all accounts the Venoms are quite good (which isn't hard to believe), and again, Ivan can give you a good price. He sells both brands, if I'm not mistaken.

I guess it comes down to what you want: familiarity, system synergy, price, etc. I wouldn't think you could go wrong with either. If Ivan has a loaner pair of Venoms, you could do a direct comparison in your system, then buy accordingly.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks