View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 01:13 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM3CPO View Post
In what way did you see "jaw dropping" results? Or, put another way, how are you perceiving these results?
I posted all this on my thread the "The Front End Digital Foundation”,

https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...ital+front+end

I would never say "Draw Dropping" if I did not mean it, nor any other type of similar statements, and this same "Jaw Dropping" gain was also made on grounding rods to the sub panel, but that’s a different topic all together. System grounding is vital, I was surprised how much noise resides in a system when you think there is no issue!

In short, it was easily transparent that a greater sense of resolution with more timbre around instruments and voices with no masking or removal of sound when compared to previous (I only use reference tracks I am familiar with and have made notes on to double check myself). The music was much more present drawing you in enough were you wold lose track of time. The grounded switch also feeds CAT5 around the house where Apple TV is networked in, and it became blacker as well aside from other benefits of LPS modems and such. When I added the iFi groundhog in addition to the 6 gauge to the switch, I gained blackness, but lost song detail and pulled it.

For something like $12.00 of solid 6 gauge copper you can by at Lowes or Home Depot and about 20 minutes of time it was a VICTORY in the war of audio expense and will add it surpassed the results of the Nordost QKore grounding system in my system. Plus it addressed the hobby factor, it was something I was able to do myself from scratch, blended in with the look making it rewarding.

These little things proved a gain, with no ones name on it but mine sharing with the forum members. If you read my equipment and do the math, you will understand my point.

Happy Listening!