View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsmoke View Post
I’m building a new house and the Mrs has approved some funds for a new home theater. Layout is attached. Looking for thoughts on both equipment and design. Budget is around $40k for equipment and acoustic treatment. Room is wired for a 7.2.4 speaker system, projection TV and screen. Anyone know of a good 7.2.4 speaker system, projector, or screen? I was thinking separates for the audio. Maybe Anthem. I can reuse anything in the current HT system I have below to invest in other places. I have seating covered. Was looking at 2 rows of 5 seats. All input is welcome and thanks in advance for your input.
The pic isn't high enough resolution to pick up the dimensions of the room and ceiling height. That's the first place to start. Please provide or run them through something like mrss to find all the modes. That will determine speaker and seating position to some extent, and if you have some flexibility, may create a cleaner canvas for acoustic treatments.

With 2 rows of seating, you'll want to put in a 12" riser (height of a normal head) in for the second row of seats, ideally spanning the room and running to the rear wall. This can be fabricated out of 2 x 12 dimension lumber and 2 sheets of plywood or OSB. Also you'll have to decide if you want good bass across the entire listening field - you'll need several subs, at least 2, ideally 4.

How are you going to install the floor coverings, and what will you use?

A fixed screen is best, Stewart Studiotek 130 G3 is my recommended option. Avoid screens with gain or very large screens.

More to come on design ideas once you publish the room dimensions.

Fun project!
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v