View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsmoke View Post
I’m building a new house and the Mrs has approved some funds for a new home theater. Layout is attached. Looking for thoughts on both equipment and design. Budget is around $40k for equipment and acoustic treatment. Room is wired for a 7.2.4 speaker system, projection TV and screen. Anyone know of a good 7.2.4 speaker system, projector, or screen? I was thinking separates for the audio. Maybe Anthem. I can reuse anything in the current HT system I have below to invest in other places. I have seating covered. Was looking at 2 rows of 5 seats. All input is welcome and thanks in advance for your input.
As dkorbal asked, do you plan to have a separate 2-channel and HT system? I also have an ARC Ref 6E which I use for both 2 channel and HT with the pass-thru feature. This, along with ARC monoblocks allows me to use existing gear and build the HT around this. I'm a big fan of JVC projectors and Stewart screens. I presume you have a dedicated light-controlled space which will help determine the type of screen you use. If you're planning to have a separate HT system, Anthem makes great stuff and the possibilities for speakers is wide open. I find that the quality of the amplifiers in HT is less critical than it is for 2 channel listening.
Wilson DAW, ARC 160M Mk 2, 250SE, Ref 6SE, Ref 3SE, CD9SE, VPI TNT6 w/rim drive, 12" Fatboy/3D/12.7, LP1 clamp, Lyra Etna Lambda SL, Kleos, Koetsu Onyx, Vermillion, U Gold, TA Gen 5 Reference cables, Shunyata Triton 2/Typhon, 2000T, Alpha PCs, Furutech NCF on 3 dedicated lines. Home Theater: Stewart 123" Firehawk, JVC RS-500, Panasonic 4K player, Marantz 8802a, Wilson Center3+surrounds, GoldenEar HTR7000, JL f113, Parasound A51 and Krell 250a/3.