View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 03:26 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdelahanty View Post
Sometimes there are connection issues with REL when connected to fully balanced, or dual differential amps. The issue is finding the correct place to ground the sub. Try connecting the blk. wire to chassis gnd. or to the gnd. side of your amp's RCA input. If these two locations don't fix the issue leave the blk. wire disconnected and run a separate wire from your amp's RCA gnd. to the sub's RCA input gnd. .
I know this is a bit of an older thread, but here's what happened......as soon as I got the D'agostino stereo amplifier in the setup, I hooked up the RELs the exact same way using their neutrik speakon cables. Clean powerful bass ensued! Absolutely no problems. I can only chalk it up to the McIntosh MC 402.......this is the only amplifier I have ever had (up until the S250) used with REL subwoofers and all of them had the same issue. They only think I can't figure out is that I've spoken to 2 dealers and other users who have never had any Mac issues with REL subs so I have no idea what the deal was. All I know is that with the Dag amplifier, there is no issue. Weird.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3