View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Yeah, it’s a bit strange, I get plenty of very deep low bass as well as the “pressurization” that REL is known for using the low level inputs. It’s just that they insist that the high level input is the way to go so I really want to try it to see how well it works, I just always chalked it up to not having a “ big enough “ sub. Well with the 212SEs that’s definitely not the issue, so I know now that something else is going on.

- Buck
With 2 B2s you should have ample bass/sub-bass support regardless of input. This sounds like a crossover, amplitude or possibly phase issue. I've tuned in lots of RELs in my time and have owned B1s (having demo'ed B2s as well). You can definitely find a batch of settings that will work. Also, make sure the B2 is set properly to expect high-level input....the Mode selector switch for high-level input should be set to '1' or '3' for Line 0 degree or Line 180 degree phase depending upon your setup. It's also important to determine whether you need to go into the High-Level Balanced or Un-balanced Neutrik connector input. The volume setting is also a different dial (I'm sure you know this) for High-Level as opposed to Low-Level inputs on the B-series.