View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbird View Post
Justubes, there is no 22.5 sinc frequency offered on the K-01, 10Mh is the highest. When I set the G-01 output to 22.5, which is offered, the K-01 will not sync up. If there is a Slave Mode available, I haven't been able to find it! Ted.
Yarbird, you are absolutely right, it is only offered with the new K-01x in which the masterclock 22M can be enabled and fed from a separate source.

You should note my comments on the 10M that strangely enough, Esoteric has implemented the output from the Rubidium 10M module and made it go through a PLL which effectively converts this from the raw 10M sine wave to a TTL squarewave.

Most would argue this is another unnecessary stage as your K-01 can accept a sine wave 10M and cannot see how it is possible that the G-01's TTL can be superior to the sine wave. TTL unfortunately, adds more jitter to the signal.

This would have been designed for the earlier Esoteric units which could not accept a 10M input directly or using with other brands converters. If the masterclock setting of 22m and 24m is not an improvement, i would think if the Esoteric R&D team knows that, a new version of the Esoteric clocks would be in development to enable a direct 10M output from their clocks.

But again, that would effectively cannibalize their sales as the raw SRS 10M module with a nice PSU would only cost a fraction and essentially identical in function.