View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 06:39 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem666 View Post
During a show in the Netherlands (probably the one Bart refers to) Sennheiser presented three systems...don’t recall the first two...if I’m not mistaken, one of the 600 range and one of the 800 range, the last being the new Orpheus. You were invited to audition all three systems in sequence. I noticed the representative smiling everytime he handed over the Orpheus...he knew what was about to happen. It is a mind expanding experience...it is an euphonic eargasm...if ever money is no object this is what I would order in the blink of an eye...the music lives in your brain like you never believed possible...yes, believe the hype...if it had been one of my favourite tracks playing...I would have been moved to tears too.

Jacques, it was in Brussels ('17).

I post your eloquent impressions:

The Award for “No Brainer If You Can Afford It” goes to the Sennheiser HE1 aka The Orpheus 2.0. It was sharing the stage with a HD800, a HD800S and HD660S (I think), all playing the same track. As I’m in the market for new cans, this was a great opportunity to compare. The 800S is absolutely more my cup of tea than the 800, but the HE1 rules them all. Yes, believe what you read about this marvel, this is not a headphone system, this a “direct brain pleasure centre stimulation dopamine release device”. I’m pretty sure there is some subliminal “euphonics” tube magic going on, but who cares, the experience is overwhelming, intoxicating and addictive. It was fun to see the anticipating looks on the faces of the Sennheiser people, brimming with pride (and rightly so), whenever someone donned the HE1 headset, as they knew what would happen next. And yes, you can add a second headphone to the amp for a measly 25.000 Euro so you can share the magic with a second person. Probably one of the more intense things you can do with your significant other…with your clothes on. Bravo Sennheiser!

Meta and I still laugh when I refer to your naughty post.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables