View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 02:49 PM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jordan View Post
Appreciate the suggestions fellas'.
Now also considering a dedicated headphone amp. In the mix are the Bryston, Woo 22 and of course the Tubed McIntosh.

This may take a while.
I have three Woos. I chose the WA5 because I was interested in having a powerful 300B headphone amp. The tonal balance, detail, and power of the WA5 gave me exactly what I wanted. My Sennheiser 800s are in no way trebly of lacking in bass with this amp. Same with my Focal Utopia… they actually sound like the same headphones, one being open backed and one being semi-open backed. This I attribute to the electronics taking full control of both headphones with quiet, detailed, natural, and powerful signal. The WA22 is likely to be a very good choice. For my tastes, it would be my choice without any reservations.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.