View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 04:38 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T ON-WALL Speakers

February 2016

HI James

I ordered my four Bryston Model T On-Wall speakers in Walnut from Dave at Audio Emporium several months ago. These were to replace a series of (EDIT) on wall speakers ranging from (EDIT) and later (EDIT). I have been considering switching my B&W 802 fronts, HTM1 center and two Nautilus series subs with Bryston speakers but wanted to walk prior to running and decided to start with the surround speakers.

Upon opening the cartons I was pleased with the walnut finish and the solid look and feel of the quality construction. Obviously comparing the Bryston On-Wall speakers to the (EDIT) line from (EDIT) is not a fair comparison. The Bryston speakers are far superior in every aspect. The comparison to the (EDIT) is a fair comparison, however I sold my (EDIT) for the same price I paid for the new Bryston speakers which is beyond amazing, and makes it very clear how good of value the Bryston On-Wall speakers are!

The mounting system for the Bryston speakers is genius! The mounting system alone puts the Bryston speakers in a league beyond that of either of the (EDIT) speakers. After making all the connections I appreciate the simplicity of the Bryston speakers, they are not too big and look very elegant, and they would be a fine addition to any theater room.

I decided to first listen to some music thru my BDP-2/SP3 combination. I isolated just a pair of the new Bryston speakers just to be able to evaluate them. I was immediately pleased with how musical these small speakers are. A pair of these would make for a killer setup for my office! I moved onto the real purpose for me and that was surrounds for my theater setup.

I first put in a new Blu-Ray from Pat Metheny "The Unity Sessions". The last track on the DVD "Medley" was amazing, I could not be more pleased. They offered so much more than the (EDIT) speakers that I could not believe I had waited to make the switch. The Bryston speakers filled in the sound perfectly in the rear of my room. After moving around the room to evaluate various listening positions, the new Bryston speakers continued to amaze me.

After having them in my room now for about a month I am very satisfied. They are everything I could have hoped for and in my opinion some of the best surround speakers I have heard.

The only complaint I have with my new Bryston T On-Wall speakers is they have me wondering, should I go all in? Should I give up my much loved (EDIT) front setup for the Model T's? It’s a tough decision to make, I really like what I have up front but the change on the rears has me wondering!

Wonderful speakers, wonderful value!

Joe Pichette