View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 01:25 PM

In July of 2014 I purchased a Sony XBR70X850B (70" 4K LED) and I have been very happy with it.

At the time, 4K pricing was substantially more than 1080P LED pricing but I definitely saw a difference. I decided to purchase one after comparing two Sony units side by side.

I turned off one TV, then flattened the color, brightness and contrast settings on the other, then adjusted the settings to what looked good to me. I watched a bluray for a few minutes, then I turned off TV #1 and went to TV #2, following the same procedure.

Then I turned TV #1 back on and compared them side by side (the store personnel were very accommodating ) for about 10 - 15 minutes. I picked the 4K TV as being a better picture based on the quality I was seeing from the same source.

I went home to think about it, kind of put off by the price. The next day the store called to let me know they had just taken in a 3 day old customer return and offered it at almost 45% off retail with a 3 year in-home warranty.

I did the deal...