View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 02:10 PM

I've had some time to listen to lot's of CD's and high-rez files over the last three days since the BDA-2 arrived. Bryston makes a very high-quality, top of the line DAC, of that there is no doubt. The only question in my mind is whether this one extra component in my personal system is worth the extra investment. I bought the BDA-2 right before upgrading from an Oppo BDP-93 to the 105D. In side-by-side A/B comparisons I may give a slim nod to the Bryston, but the Sabre DAC's in the new Oppo are very capable, and for my modest system more than adequate. 2-channel XLR out from the 105D to my MX121 and on to the MC205 sounds really good to me. I'm going to start saving my pennies for a speaker upgrade later this year or early next and possibly an MC452 to power the FL/FR speakers. That means that I will more than likely put this brand new Bryston BDA-2 in the marketplace. I got a great deal from Ivan and I'm sure I'll take a little hit when I sell it, but someone will get a like-new Bryston for a great price. My experiment will be your opportunity!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds

Last edited by scirica; 05-30-2014 at 04:38 PM.