Thread: Hello from NC
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2023, 08:06 PM

Default The Southern part of heaven

Howdy folks,
I'm another newbie here from Chapel Hill - just outside of University lake actually. I moved my family here in 1984, coming down from the lower Hudson valley (NY) where we had resided since about 1973 after both growing up 3 blocks apart in Brooklyn, NYC. I've been into electronics , radio, and audio from a very tender young age to the present, going through countless combinations of electronics and transducers. I have vintage Marantz and McIntosh (tube and S.S.) systems with a Bluesound node and Vault. Still have probably 1200-1300 LPs from the old days that I haven't listened to for > 20 years and gave away my 450+ CDs after getting the Bluesound stuff up and running. Likewise, haven't used a tuner (10B or MR71) for about as long. I built a pair of full range Lii Audio F15 open baffle speakers last year and I find myself frequently preferring those to the open baffle Spatial M3 Turbos that we've really loved since they were new. Looking for a nice MC2105 to work with my MC75s in a biamplified speaker system designed by Perry Marshall (utilizing MiniDSP HD for xover and optimized FR, transient & phase linearity) to be built by myself in the near future. Also, I want to find a nice Inspire Firebottle SET amp to utilize a pair of NOS English Genalex Gold Lion KT88s I have been hanging onto for > 30 years - this may force the retirement of my First Watt SIT3 currently in use. Still very active at my electronics workbench - presently doing a major rebuild & upgrade of a Dynaco ST-70 with the Audio Research C3 modifications. My woodshop skills are getting better steadily thank goodness.