View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 07:56 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by r042wal View Post
Wasn't 'waveform' and limitedrealestate for track grooves one of the limitations of the LP, especially for rock music or music that had a lot of bass?

I looked up the remasters at Acoustic Sounds after FreddieFerric's post and it take two pressings to get what used to fit on an LP. That would not be a high price to pay for me but the first thing that went though my mind was digitizing a 45 - that's just he direction my skewed thinking takes
Analogue Production pressings are awesome IMO:

Quote:
True to its name, Analogue Productions works with the original analog master tapes - more than any other reissue label! The result is superior sound - richer, warmer and more lifelike, than digital.
I agree that cutting from the original master-tapes, using an all analogue signal-path, results in the closest to the original release as possible. However, cutting using both digital and analogue tools doesn’t have to be poor (but some are poor …). You have the opportunity to get the best of both worlds: the unbelievable texture and sonic depths from the analogue tape, as well as the precision and transparency from the digital process. It can be an awesome combo.

On the Steely Dan reissue, “Two Against Nature,” it is recorded to “a multi-track analog tape, mixed to 24/96 and mastered.” They state, “The dead-quiet double-LP, with the music spread over four sides of vinyl, reduces distortion and high frequency loss as the wider-spaced grooves let your stereo cartridge track more accurately.”

You can count on their description. I own and enjoy numerous AP pressings (Brubeck, Doors, Norah Jones, Shelby Lynn, Otis Redding, etc.). AP reissues are dead quiet and very high quality. They are costly, but well worth it. CRÈME DE LA CRÈME

JMO

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.