View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
There is a sanctioning body for racing SUV's? Can envision lots of upside-down vehicles from amateur drivers.

Another 'nuc'. I went thru Bainbridge and prototype at Combustion Engr'g in Windsor Locks, CT. Had a '65 356SC sunroof (quite rare) followed by a '73 911E. Wonderful cars for a young sailor.

With the sport exhaust on my BMW am afraid an upgraded sound system would be a waste of time. Would have to turn it up so much that it would be loud enough to drive me out of the car.
I had wanted to go through the east coast nuke pipeline but didn’t have that choice — all of my A school classmates and I went to Vallejo and then to Idaho. We were the last class through Mare Island and then they shut it down.

A 356SC with sunroof! I’m envious. My ‘70 had the self-leveling hydro-pneumatic suspension, A/C and the gasoline-fired auxilary heater, which was pretty scary to light off but essential in the Idaho winters. 5-speed with the “Nurburgring” tranny. 1st gear was down and to the left, the H pattern was 2-3-4-5. I guess on the ‘Ring you never touched 1st again once you got off the starting grid.

Those were the days.

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!