View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 01:49 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

I’ve the Pass 260.8s. I use to own a Pass XP-27. I now own the EMM Pre. While they sound great with both Pre amps, I enjoy the EMM more. But as with any component this is system specific.

To make sure I’m not missing anything, I’m going to audition some EMM monos later this month, but the Pass may be here to stay. They are tube-like. They produce some of the most wonderful sound that I’ve ever heard. Mellow, liquid and very pleasing. A great engaging sound stage! I wish the XAs didn’t run so hot or I’d own those.

But as with every other amp, they may sound differently in your specific system. I suggest trying them in your home first. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Macs are good too - I heard them with various Martin Logan’s years ago This said I don’t have much experience with them. My father owned earlier tube Macs, and they were excellent. But IMO the sound of Mac has changed some over time …

Let us know what you finally select and how they sound …

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.