View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 10:38 AM

Good morning. I am also an owner and fan of the HD 650s. For those who are thinking “along the lines of” iPhone/iPad >>> Dragonfly >>> HD 650s, here is an alternative you may want to try (or something along these lines). In my bedroom I have Schitt Jotunheim DAC/Amp. Sounds great, more than decent power and for what you get, just cheap!. Lightning to USB from the i-devices do not provide enough power for the USB connection to the Jot. However, Apple now makes two different Lightning to USB camera adaptors. The original doesn’t work. But now, they also have one that is powered— the “Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adaptor. For, like $39. So you plug the lightning end of the adaptor into the iPhone or iPad. The other end of the adaptor has to openings- one for USB 3 which you connect to the Jot (with a USB cable) and the other is Lightning- and that you use a lightning to AC power adaptor. It works like a charm. It is a super cheap and easy way to listen to Qobuz on good ‘phones from a iPad or iPhone. Your choice of dac/amp may vary.
Dynaudio Heritage Special. Uptone Audio EtherRegen Ethernet Switch. Akasa NUC 10i7 with Roon Rock. Bryston BDP-3 Digital Music Player (with 4 Tb Internal SSD and Synology DS920+ NAS)-->Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition DAC-->Shunyata Sigma USB—>Gryphon Diablo 120 Integreted Amp w Transpatent XL PC. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD. Additional Cabling: WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Starlight Ethernet, WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW Eclipse 8.

Bedroom System
Ipad with MusicStreamer App-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Focal for Bentley Radiance HO, Massdrop E-MU Teak HP. AK SE 200 DAP.

Mobile Survival Kit
Astell & Kern SP1000M. Noble Kaiser Encore IEM with Double Helix Balanced cable, Westone W80 IEM w ALOaudio Ref 8 cable, Westone W60 IEM, Shure se535 Ltd with Westone Bluetooth Wireless cable-amp. Mark Levinson No. 5909 Wireless HP.