View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
???? 2007 was the last year that the show was produced by Stereophile and, after that, there was no NY audio shows for a while. The current producer is The Chester Group who began their presentations in 2012 and, imho, they have been extremely variable since they lost active participation from the big NYC retail shops after 2013.

Nice little history here: http://hometheaterhifi.com/features/...ed-trajectory/
I remember attending such a presentation at Lyric Hifi, during my first NY audio show (don't remember the year). It was a Friday. My first time having California rolls (they were good), and the McIntosh HT setup downstairs was an ear-opener.

I do remember the Brooklyn show back in 2014; some of the big stores were there. Not last year at the Park Lane Hotel, however.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks