View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschoonaert View Post
Hey guys,

What are the main differences (specs and sound) between those two models. I?m currently demoing the kensingtons and they sound fantastic (running all tube macintosh c1100 and mc2301's).

I'd be stretching the budget with the canterburry's, so just would love to have some feedback if they are worth almost double the price?

I'd love the boards opinions, so far you guys have been really helpful

Many thanks,
Luk
Luk - Hi Luk......I've spent some time listening to a pair of the Canturburys......they were very nice. Very lifelike and effortless sound, much like the sound of live music. Don't let the larger cabinets fool you, they disappeared allowing the music to extend much beyond. At the end of the audition, I have to say they probably sounded more like live music than just about any other speaker I've listened to.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3