View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I'd like to expand on Caelin's comment here with my own experiences, if I may.

In the decade I've been using Shunyata power distribution products (including power cords), I've consistently found that the most important power cord is the one that powers the distributor.

I think Caelin's suggestion to use a Delta NR for the PS8 and NR-V10s for components is an excellent one, and would provide the most "bang-for-the-buck".
I appreciate the input, Puma Cat! I think this will be the move for now, especially given the value proposition.

For reference: I dove into power cables and distributors with a healthy amount of skepticism given that my career (25 years plus) is in the recording and mastering field. Couple that with teaching those topics in higher ed, well, you get the idea. In general, most of what we do with cables in this hobby is hotly contested in large proportions in the pro circle, save a few that have "seen" the light so to speak.

My local dealer sent me home with a "brand x" upgrade cable along with a Shunyata cable (my original Copperhead) years ago. An electrician friend of mine and I did a shoot out on my system that evening. Our ears told us everything we needed to know about any supposed opinions or stigmas we had :-)

I can't wait to work these into my system! Thanks again for the help in deciding.