View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 05:02 PM

Was finally able to update software on my Oppo 205, via wifi...then, of course the update CD shows up the very next day. For some reason it wouldn't update when first connected to wifi? Anyway, running current update.

Finally got HDMI 3 eARC to play audio from Samsung tv. For some reason the Oppo will automatically mute when first connected (only sometimes)?
Sometimes Samsung tv will automatically default to...TV Speakers... as audio output? Not always?
Unfortunately, still can't sync audio and video? I've tried adjusting audio delay on both tv and Oppo. Also, as suggested...set speaker distance to max (60') in Oppo setup.
Doesn't matter if I'm streaming through tv or watching satellite and choose Optical or HDMI eARC...same amount of sync issue.

When watching satellite tv (audio from satellite box via RCA's to C2200) or if playing a dvd in Oppo...no audio sync issues.
Only when I use tv as audio source, do I get sync issue?
Sync is still a little off, adding delay will make it worst.
Amount of delay is the same for Optical and HDMI eARC?
Don't hear a difference in sound quality comparing Optical vs. HDMI eARC...maybe because I'm down mixing to 2-channel stereo?

I have a second 75" Samsung in living room (2018 model, 8 Series), using a MX135, with digital inputs (no HDMI)...still have same audio sync issue when getting audio from tv. In this case I'm using Optical out of tv to Optical input of MX135. Same amount of delay? I haven't tried adjusting to maximum speaker distance in setup of MX135...wouldn't that effect when I'm not using tv as sound source?

Only solution I haven't tried is, the audio delay device like Ivan suggested, Alchemy D2L?
However I can't find one available to purchase?
Seems to be an issue 10-15 years ago for most?
I realize my gear is a little outdated..doesn't make financial since to update. There has to be a workaround?