View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 03:44 PM

To get this thread going again-
Some discussion about the Kanta 3's vs. the Sopra 3's: I've been a Kanta 3 owner since last (early) October, only a few weeks after they were introduced in the U.S. I had the opportunity to hear both models on Mac gear at my dealer. I could not justify the difference in price, especially since I got the Kanta 3's under 10K. I could have gotten close to the same discount percentage off the Sopra's. There was not enough difference to justify the cost difference. In fact, in one very important category to me, I found the Kanta 3's warmer with no loss in detail. At home I'm using them with Primaluna amp/ preamp (amp with upgrated KT88 power tubes) and one important note- these things take a LONG time to break in, at least 150 hours, maybe 200 hours, and they quite noticably change character in the warmth department. They are amazing speakers from top to bottom and have no distinguishable lack throughout the frequency spectrum. The top end, obviously with their Berillium tweeter is well known. I am a basshead, and subwoofers are not needed, although I may turn them on at low levels at night to add a little "bass boost". These must be auditioned with a really good source and amplification for anyone looking +/- 10K for a pair of speakers. Amazing.