View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 10:48 PM

Stephen,
I don't recall getting very deep into this, but I finally have my streaming system set up.
The wired internet signal enters my music room and goes into a Cisco model SF 302-08P switch which has SFP cages built in and then via a Transparent wired ethernet cable to the Uptone EtherRegen you recommended. Then I have a Shunyata Sigma Ethernet cable going to the Aurender N200 and from the Aurender I have a Shunyata Sigma USB cable into the LampizatOr Baltic 3. I have AT&T Fiber Optic Gigabit service.
The sound is fantastic! Very highly pleased with your recommendations.
My next step is to improve the connection between the Cisco switch and the EtherRegen. I spoke to Alex Crespi at Uptone who said I needed a pair of SFP transceiver/receiver and a single mode Fiber Optic cable.
1-Are there any specific brand/models of SFP receivers/transmitters/fiber optic cable that you recommend? I saw there were many models and brands available. Also the speed of the SFP receiver/transmitter can vary depending on model.
2-Where can I get these that fit the Cisco switch and UpTone EtherRegen?

As a follow up to the Ops original post
I was having issues with the Apple Ipad wi-fi connection to the Aurender. It is a long story but one of the things I tried was a different ethernet switch instead of the Cisco. Everything else remained the same, including the EtherRegen. The Cisco sounded MUCH better than the replacement (Trendnet) switch. I swapped it back and my sound improved dramatically, so yes, anything before the streamer up to the modem will make a huge difference in SQ.

Thanks for all of your help.
Regards,
Fred

PS The Cisco switch is my main switch for my entire network. I happen to have wired ethernet throughout my entire house. I connected one of the Cisco's ethernet ports to my EtherRegen via ethernet cable, which I want to try a fiber optic connection in place of my Transparent ethernet cable.

Last edited by Famester V1; 07-05-2022 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Added on