View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I would agree the problem with the Mac Mini as a music is the SMPS inside; and you're correct that these SMPS cause a lot of problems as music servers. One way to fix the Mac Mini is to get the Uptone Audio internal power supply upgrade and then power it with the Uptone JS-2 linear power supply.
You’re correct about this. You could also wait a year or 2 for a Paul Hynes. I waited over two years for mine and converted my Mac Mini to accept a DC input. Even when running Roon, it’s maybe 60% of the performance of the Auralic.
Preamp: VAC Master with 1960’s Cryoed Kevin’s Stash Telefunken 6922's. Shunyata King Cobra CX PC
Amps: Pass Labs X250.8 for the mids and highs and Bryston 7B SST's for lows below 250Hz, Revelation Audio Labs Precept CryoSilver Reference and VH Audio Flavor 4’s

Source: Auralic Aries G2.1 w/ internal Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, Shunyata Sigma NR v1 PC.

DAC: Holo Audio KTE May. Shunyata Omega USB. Paul Kaplan HE v1 PC.

Crossover: Pass Labs XVR-1. Shunyata Anaconda CX PC

Speakers:
Biamped Magnepan 3.6R's
Subs: REL 212/SE (left) and 2 x S/5 SHO (right) subs using Longbow.

HT with above 2-channel:
Preamp/Processor: Theta Casablanca IVa with D3 Xtreme DAC. Shunyata King Cobra CX PC
Amps: 2 x ModWright KWA150SE's for center and rears with Shunyata Alpha NR v1 and Anaconda CX PC’s

Blu-ray player: Oppo 203 with Oppomod LPS SE, BD ROM stabilizer and Audio Magic Pulse Gen ZX. WW Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI. Paul Kaplan HE v1 PC

Speakers: Center Channel - Maggie "tri-center" with MG10QR's and CC3. Center sub - Velodyne DD12
Rears: Magnepan 1.6QR's

Power conditioning: Shunyata Everest with Sigma XC v2. Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2 with Alpha XC v2

Ediscreation Extreme Silent Switch OCXO with WireWorld Platinum Eclipse 8 Ethernet cable

Cabling is all WireWorld IC's with Platinum 7's for main 2-channel listening and older Golds elsewhere. Speaker cables by Alpha Core Goertz MI series.