View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 04:48 AM

Default Howie's Here ...

Well, well, my good buddy IM me that he is ready for a short roam around town - hifi town that is.

So, without batting an eyelid, closed my office door at 3 pm and scoot off to pick my buddy for a roam!

Adelphi here we come.

First stop - OCEAN WAY speakers/VIOLA amplifiers. I'll leave the description to Howie to do. To me, hmmmm, not to much t shout about except the calling price! Anyone heard of Ocean Way speakers?

Second stop - Kondo G70 Pre Amp. Beautiful but costs S$40k! Thats US$33k. To Howie bro, its worth every cent and seemingly, its suppose to match the integrated (can also be a power amp by itself) ONGAKU. In the end, Howie had to pay the price of S$1.5k for the listening session. he felt bad enough to pick up a set of 4 footers, Harmonix Limited Edition "tweaks". He's so rich! Envy, envy!

Third stop - El Cheapo coffee break stall at the basement. I dunno if Howie enjoyed the cuppa, but I sure did.

Seriously, we are thinking of another visit tomorrow afternoon. Brands in mind, the Magico's, FM Acoustics, Burmesters, etc, .. whatever Howie fancy. I have heard them all as every Friday, thats the pilgrimage I would do.

I am happy to meet Howie again and I hope he will add on to this post about his experience.

Pictures? Will be taking tomorrow, then post. Forgot all about it as busy taking gears instead! So sorry!

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar