View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM992 View Post
And it will... I mean realistically, above 44.1 sampling rates are arguably lost on dog ears and bats... Just as turn tables aren't out of date, a DAC that is well made, had a good analogue output section that can play 192kHz or lower will always sound good... even in 100 years.
The "upsampled" high resolution music that is available for purchase has failed to impress me. The MQA without a full MQA unfold has so far not only failed to impress me but has turned me off with the penalty of listening to it with a non-MQA dac and the often louder/harsher presentation vs Qobuz of the same album. The Qobuz 192/24 music is very analog smooth but again ultimately depends on the recording.

So what does that leave us? For a truly impressive high resolution material, there is only the high resolution recorded music. Such as the https://www.soundliaison.com/

When music is actually captured in high resolution gear to begin with, such as their DXD 352,8 kHz, ONE MIC recording with minimal processing of any kind.... Well, that is the ONE to listen to! Jaw drop...

My friend is still listening to his Krell Studio DAC and MD20 transport from more than 25 years ago. It sounds awesome on REDBOOK.

Last edited by PHC1; 12-13-2020 at 01:50 PM.