View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 04:14 PM

Default GAIA--I'm a believer!

OK--I admit it, I was certain that GAIA IIs would not improve the sound of my new Wilson TuneTots. After all, they are small speakers with incredible R&D that has gone into creating inert enclosures and custom stands. I bought GAIAs only because I feared my wife's reaction if she took a close look at the spikes and discs sitting on her living room floor, and they were the third party feet stocked by my local dealer...

But WOW! Within seconds it was clear that the bass had better resolution and texture, and it become apparent not too much later that these benefits migrated throughout the music to a more open sound overall. One of the best improvements was Bill Evans's piano--it's like I'm sitting next to him on the bench. I was up an extra hour or two last night shuffling between various favorite rock, jazz, and soul--so many of them revealing new detail.

Similar to an improvement in cabling or power management, I cannot find any tradeoff.

So now I'm ordering a similar set of feet for my subwoofer and OREAs for my MC275. I'm expecting the sub to benefit even more, since it's closer to the floor and way more vibration. The MC275 has a slight vibration when it's on, so I'm guessing isolation should help here too.

I'm a believer! See your local dealer--or Ivan--for GAIA or similar--today!