View Single Post
Old 02-26-2022, 04:42 PM

I have Dragon and Thunderbird speaker cables and Dragon is especially good. The corresponding power cables with the Dragon moniker are outstanding, too.

While I haven't heard Firebird power cables, my experience with other Audioquest power cables suggest that if you can afford it, get the Dragon power cables and the speaker cable of your liking. There are frequently a bunch of used Dragon PC's on Audiogon if you can't audition any.

Between Dragon and Thunderbird, one is silver/copper and the other is all copper.
I think Thunderbird is decent though I'm not sure it isn't overpriced at retail.

I could be happy with Dragon as they seem somehow tailored to be more musical and neutral with full, robust, bass. How that's possible when the designs seem otherwise the same, I don't know. If they work in your system, they can be very enjoyable and you won't want for much else.

Interconnects in the mythical creatures series aren't out and aren't listed on the website as of yet. I'm not sure whether they are available to order yet.

I own some WEL interconnects and they are phenomenal but can sound a bit cool, tonally, depending on your system. But the absence of background noise and the subtle details one can hear are top level to me. That said, I'm not currently using WEL interconnects because of the tone in my system. Based on what Audioquest did with Dragon, I think that might be an area that they address. I look forward to hearing them.

Also, if purchasing, consider shopping around at a few dealers. You might find some may make a purchase more appealing than others.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Last edited by rnrmf1971; 02-26-2022 at 04:45 PM.