View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richrhia View Post
I sent an email to Chuck Hinton about there being an update for my MS500 for the Adobe Flash issue. I sent it to him and had a response within 15 minutes telling me "yes" there is a firmware update you can do. I was ecstatic. But Oops I noticed that my unit is in fact not a MS500 but a MB100. I responded back to Chucks email and I have received a response. This will not be the 1st time I have not recieved a response from Mcintosh regarding the MB100 being useless since the discontinuationation of Adobe Flash. I even emailed autonomic which actually make the software for Mcintosh and they were helpful and said they were working on a firmware update and to keep checking with Mcintosh for a firmware update. This went on for a year and then autonomics basically told me they could not discuss this any further due to Mcintoshs request. Mcintosh even pulled any reference to MB100 or manuals from the website. A $7000 media streamer should be good for at least 10 years.

Chuck replied to me, there is an update for the MB100 but it requires hardware to be changed internally. They won’t allow you to do this so the unit needs to be sent to McIntosh in upstate NY. This upgrade is available to the original owners of MB100. If you purchased it second hand, McIntosh won’t support you, even if you are willing to pay extra for the upgrade. Without the hardware upgrades, you can’t get the software update either. The old software not only lacks without flash support but also won’t allow Tidal and other apps to function.