View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 06:52 PM

I have gone in both directions, sort of.

Four years ago, I demoed Sabrinas at home. They were wonderful, but they lacked bass and my wife thought they looked like coffins. I ended up with B&W 805 D3 and a DB3D sub. They have been very good, but a few months ago I came to believe they had too hard an edge--I believe this is what Stereophile described as "extra energy" a few weeks ago. So back to the future...

My dealer advised me that even if I could get my wife over the coffin issue, that unless I could get the Sabrina X 4' from the wall, then the sound would be just as good from a pair of TuneTots on stands. I demoed the TuneTots at home for a week, keeping the DB3D in place. They are amazing! All of the resolution of B&W, without the hard edge. Plus, all the other great stuff you've read about Wilson. Also, with the sub, they do not sound like small speakers.

My TuneTots arrive in March. I have heard there is a new Wilson sub coming for the Tots, I expect to swap the DB3D for it when available.

Both great companies--kind of like choosing between Mercedes and BMW--but I think you'll be glad for the switch to Wilson, especially with a sub