View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipschfan View Post
For Khorns, LaScala's and Cornwalls the best sound that I obtained was from using a power conditioner and a separate DAC.

Have gone through many amps from 5 watt tube mono blocks to 1200 watt solid state mono blocks. Had a blast experimenting with swapping gear in and out of the system. For my ears with Klipsch, there wasn't much difference when comparing the MC275 with the MC352. As there was comparing a McIntosh amp with a BAT amp.

Whatever you decide to go with-suggest you find a dealer who has Klipsch Heritage in stock and spend some demo time listening to different combinations of gear that you are considering. Even if you have to take a trip/vacation...it will be worth it!.
I'm going to find a dealer that has McIntosh in stock and willing to loan me some amps to compare.

I've read outstanding feedback for the MC275. Still, I'm not from the tube generation nor have been interested in the sound. Frankly, I don't want pay for tubes every so often.

Does anyone have feedback from using Klipsch Heritage with other McIntosh amps? From the MC252 to MC1.2K?