View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclearspot View Post
or should I say non recovery. After several attempts to get the "recovery" started, it finally ran the program and nothing but the white "system is starting up" screen. I picked my unit at Olive world headquaters in some art deco building in the financial district in SF. While they are responsive to a few emails about the recovery process, they did tell me that the SF office does not do repairs. Interesting due to the fact that they are assembled and tested in the not very big room I was in.I saw stacks on chassis, mother boards,touch screens and roms all neatly lined up for assembly by one person. I have a feeling its the hard drive, but the "lid"to unit is secured by Tri-wing screws. Question is wait till Monday for the proper tool from Grainger or try to remove it myself and checkout the drive. BTW I using a selfbuilt computer that was assembled in 2005 and has the original drive. I never shut this thing down unless I'm going to be gone overnight or an electrical storm in the area. Olive now says the motherboard failed and its $300 plus labor. They offered an Oliveone with a pretty significant discount or wait till January when the motherboards we be available. I liked the Olive 04hd because of its small height,its all in one and I could control it with an android device. I handled an Olive one , its kind of cool but heavy and where am i going to put it ? I'm thinking W4s or a silenzio instead of an OliveOne
I say go Silenzio and never look back!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds