View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever43 View Post
Welp, after owning/using B&W speakers since buying a pair of CDM7SE in college, I found myself over the last ccouple of years not really listenign to muic anymore. After a long and painful process, I was able to find a dealer who was willing to trade a pair of new white Sopra No 2 for my 802 D3's and HTM1 D3.

The room they are going in is also our home theater, but I use it 70% for music and rest movies,etc. I have a few questions

1. Will the Sopra 2's pair well with a McIntosh C2700 tube preamp and a McIntosh MC452 amp for 2 channel and an Anthem AM 70 for surround

2. At some point in the next few months I will add the Sopra center. How power hungry is it? Do yall like it? I will say for all the faults B&W has, the HTM1 D3 center was a damn fine speaker.

3. This brings me to the sides, I sold off most of the B&W surrounds. For now, I brought up my Aria 26's from the living room to be the sides and the Chorus 705 from my office for the rears. I assume they will do for a while. THe big question is what does Focal make that would can replace the 4 in ceiling B&W Cinema 7's I use for Atmos heights?
Im using No.2's with Audio Research Ref 75 SE only 75watts and LS28 pre with no issues. i listen to all kinds of music and play it loud but not extremely loud. but give it time to break in at least 100hrs and after 500hrs it sounds even better.