View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewB View Post
@SCAudiophile

I saw your mention of the Townshend Podiums for isolating the speaker. I hadn't considered such a treatment before so did some research on the topic (e.g. Video by Max Townshend talking about isolation, reviews, etc). The science made a lot of sense to me, and given the price compared to the Valors, seemed like a worthwhile investment.

I have therefore ordered a pair for my Valors. Looks like an 8 week manufacturing lead time. Also ordered an isolation base for my Wavelet and integrated tube amp. The microphonic nature of tubes may certainly benefit.

I did see a picture of your system as part of a post on the Townshend Facebook page, where it mentions that you spent some time working with the engineers at Townshend to customize a size for the Valors. This obviously made it easy for me to have the correct size. Wanted to thank you for your work.
@MatthewB That is great news,...congratulations in advance! I was shocked at how much they did over and above my expectations for the VALOR speakers and am certain they'll bring similar results for you.

6-8 weeks....sounds about right for lead times, very close to what I experienced including time to make the crates, etc..Once they arrived
strapped to a pallet, they went in very smoothly, far less time with a bit of
good planning than I had wondered and worried about.

If I can be of any help, please let me know; happy to talk through it via phone. I also have the CAD drawings in various stages and the final plan in case you are interested in seeing what was arrived at.

I'm looking forward to hearing your updates!

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 05-29-2022 at 10:14 AM.