Thread: Int-25
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 07:46 PM
Member of the Music Squad

Glenn, I can share my experience about 3 type of speakers which I own:

- Omega Compact Alnico Monitors: great speakers, fast and dynamic, yet quite musical and pleasant to listen to over long sessions. Highish sensitivity, very easy to drive, they can sing really loud even with my 2x8W Audion 300B amp. The bigger Super Alnico Monitors should be a nice match with your INT-25.

- Audio Note AN/E SPe single driver speakers: also higher sensitivity, fantastic mid range, low frequencies not the most pronounced out there but you can play around by positioning the speakers in the corners as recommended by the manufacturer, or by complementing with a sub. Price point a little higher but they can be found on the used market.

- Harbeth speakers, even though they are a little more difficult to drive than the other 2, they can be a pretty nice match with your Pass Labs. Go for 30.2 if you favour midrange or for SHL5+ if you want a little more bass. The 40s series are the best of the lot, but require more espace.

I have listened to the DeVore, both the O/93 and the O/96. And as much as I really like their look, and I like John's personality and philosophy, I do find the 93s a little dark... maybe the 96s are the ones to go to.

I don't have any experience with open baffles, they have been on my watch list for a while, but I think I'd favour PureAudioProject (PAP) Trio 15 over the Spatials as they offer more configuration flexibility... and Ze'ev Schlik is such a nice guy.

Happy hunting!
Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser