View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 AM

I recently started using an MC602, from my previous MC202. It's a different, more transparent sound, for certain.

I've always plugged into a PS Audio PPP with my MC202, and did the same with the MC602.

I hadn't tried the MC602 direct into the wall, and I was under the impression that I might like it better into the wall, so Monday, I tried back and forth direct to the wall and into the PPP a few times.

The result actually surprised me...

The MC602 into the PPP was worlds better. The bass was deeper, and the extension on the top end improved, although not as greatly as the depth and quality of bass.
Instrumentation became more defined and in its' own space, making for a marked increase in resolution.

I'm really happy I tried it, as it confirmed the value of the PPP in my system. I'm interested to hear how other power conditioners might improve upon the PPP in the future, although I may wait to try something else until I get a 20 amp line put in.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables