View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 02:59 AM
Keeping it real since '75

I also waned to quickly mention that I am not entirely sure why re-seating the CPU board fixed my issue. It was not loose and I had not handled or moved my MX-150 for several months. Possibly even over a year.. None of the socket attachments were loose either. In fact, all my fasteners and socket attachments were on with a comparative death grip. The only thing I can think of that may play a role is that the the voltage spike/surge/whatever caused some sort of residual charge to be stored that was messing with the CPU operation and by removing and re-seating the CPU it discharged that residual voltage. Another possibility is perhaps the CPU re-seating caused the motherboard to boot from a lower state (almost like a manual factory reset).

Whatever the reason, it did work and it was a recommended procedure by McIntosh, so it appears they know what they are doing. If any of this gives you a weak stomach, either have your local Mc dealer do it or send it in to McIntosh. I personally MUCH prefered doing this myself vs. waiting for weeks and spending hundreds to have McIntosh do something that only took me 20 minutes to do!

Last edited by IM3CPO; 01-29-2018 at 05:15 AM.