Thread: Some More Pics
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Hi Charles,

Amazing that you can turn your system up to 76%. You might measure the volume in your room for safety. Seriously. When I went to my primary care physician re tinnitus, he asked if I listened to headphones. When I told him Stax--he smiled appreciatively, but then warned that one problem with super high fidelity is that the lack of distortion eliminates the clues that we are too loud for our own good.

Best

Peter
On the other other hand, Stax at any given volume give me far lower listening fatigue than other headphones, so that's got to count positively for something

Most other headphones have all kinds of ringing and resonance and distortion issues that can cause nasty spikes in treble (among other things) and I feel like that's got to contribute to hearing damage at some point.

But yes, be mindful of your listening levels and durations. I have to wonder how efficient (or not) OP's speakers are. 350 Watts into my 96dB / Watt Tannoys, and nobody's coming out of the room alive lol. I do like the idea of power meters like on McIntosh, but I have to wonder about their accuracy too.