View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarmstrong View Post
Just to follow up with this issue. My CD tray is back up and working.
To get the tray fully functional again, I ended up needing two belts. One that drives the tray in/out and one that lifts the CD up/down. Both belts appear to be the same size.
Since I had no luck getting replacements from TEAC/Esoteric or the repair center (TAS), I ended up order these online. Model PRB SCQ2.5. (square belts) were about a perfect match. The circumference appears ~10-15% smaller than the originals but this is expected since the old belts have worn/stretched. These can be ordered from Ebay/electronic repair shops online.
The belt that lifts the CD is fairly easy to get at and can be accessed from the top. The other one is more difficult to get at as you have to remove and access it from the bottom and remove a circuit board along with several wire harnesses. I would only recommend doing this if you are fairly comfortable working on electronics. I could do it again in less than 1 hour. I ordered a set of spare belts for next time.
Total cost was $11 (2 belts w/ shipping).

My K03 may be having the tray sticking issue too. Are the two belts the same? Thanks for the great info.

Rich