Thread: New x260.8
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post
Hi. I also just purchased a pair of 260.8s and should have them by Friday. I’ve been using a Van Alstine 600R (which is quite a fine amp IMO), but with the recent purchase of Von Schweikert Endeavor SEs I felt I’d like to try and go with an all Pass signal chain (17, 20, 260.8). I’ve heard different Pass amps in friends’ systems and have always been pleased with the performance. Hoping the same when these hit my own system.

I think you will really enjoy the synergy of all-Pass electronics. I've tried various mix and match combinations but for me the combination that sounds the best in my system is Pass phono - Pass preamp - Pass amps. While I've always had some tubes in the system before, this is the absolute most quiet background of any electronics I have owned.
SF Stradivari, Aric Audio Motherlode XL preamp and Super KT Parallel amps; Pass XP 27, Raven One TT, Graham Phantom II arm, Lyra Etna Lamda, Airtight PC1, Bryston 3.14 DAC, Transparent Reference & Wireworld, dedicated treated room 17 X 34 X 9