Thread: A5
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 08:41 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

I selected Magico A3s after listening to SF Olympia IIIs, ML 13As and many others. And I have a friend that has Wilsons. SF and the Revels have the looks for sure with Wilson being marvelous as well. I love SF - the best in aesthetics (IMO). But when it came to sound ALONE the Magico - for me - was the clear winner and Wilson was close.

According to Magico the A5s are even above their S3! That's one fine speaker. After hearing the A3s, be prepared for a lot in the A5!

As most know, a lot depends on amp pairing and sources. Everything in the audio chain matters - and so does the room, et. al. Some speakers are more forgiving of certain components than others. While Magicos would sound good on most systems, they sound best and show all they can do with the best.

I'm still breaking in my A3s, and I like them so much I'm already thinking of upgrading to the Magico M2s. The A3s gave me a wonderful glass of wine - the best I ever had. Now I want the whole bottle, so I desire the M2s ( the largest that I think would fit in my room).

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.

Last edited by JoeN; 12-22-2019 at 09:12 AM. Reason: wine analogy