Thread: RCM thoughts
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 01:13 AM

Default RCM thoughts

I have owned a few Nitty Gritty RCMs and have been pleased with their abilities. My current model, MiniPro2, has been plagued with issues. It is currently 3 yrs old and has been back to NG for repairs 4X. The most current and repeated problem is when I switch on the vacuum the GFI in the outlet engages. The previous time this happened the seal around vacuum failed due to use of enzyme cleaner in the tank and allowed fluid to leak onto the vacuum motor and cause a short. The vacuum issue now appears to be the same except when not plugged into GFI circuit the vacuum continues to run, but I feel this is not a safe situation. This RCM has cleaned less than 100 LPs. Now when cleaning with enzyme cleaners I will clean by hand first, wipe with a MF towel and then clean with PURE2 fluid on the RCM and vacuum. I feel it is time to move on, although I love the dual side cleaning simultaneously. I am not prepared to pay >$2500 so an ultrasonic is not possible. I am asking for personal experience on other brands that members have used. I require reliability. Thanks in advance.