Thread: RCM thoughts
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 04:10 AM
Member of the Music Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
Thanks for the info. I heard from SweetVinyl and they sent me the same info you've posted. The C2300 has an input named "SRVR," and a corresponding output; the output is also labeled "REC" so I suspect it serves the function of a tape loop. I should confirm this with McIntosh to be sure. Getting the SC-1 or SC-1 Plus means extra interconnects, but I have some Kimber Hero and AQ King Cobra around, either of which is comparable to my Transparent Plus. I was considering upgrading the Plus to Super, but that would open a world of complications should I do it and the Super is noticeably better. Money is a bit tight, and I have other expenses looming.

Most welcome! Glad that SweetVinyl responded positively, hope McIntosh will do the same, so you can enjoy one of those units.
I would start with the existing interconnects, and upgrade when money allows it, the main sound improvement will come from clicks & pops removal, also floor noise removal depending on the model.
Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser