View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
You may be correct. I'm at the other end of the Canton spectrum with my Ref 9Ks and keep thinking Ref 7K. But, am wary of my 20wpc of Class A tube power, which may not be sufficient for the larger speaker. I was sorry that JA's recent review of the 7Ks only used his 450wpc amps, so did not gain much info from same. It took me almost a year of swapping amps before finding the sound I was looking for and I would hate to go thru that again. It is definitely a synergy thing and those tubes may not be able to push those large drivers sufficiently in the Ref 1Ks.

However, you could bi-amp your Ref 1Ks with the tubes on top. Am sure the 30wpc would provide plenty of power in that configuration.
Interesting concept almost like a cheaper version of the MC 901's.

For the record, my Ref 1's are the older version and not the K's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_hifi View Post
I'm gonna state the obvious but ideally you'd want to borrow/try the LM-845P at home in your system, that's the only way you'll find out whether it's a suitable match to your Ref 1s.

If I could find a dealer that would let me audition the amp in my home first that would be ideal. Just not going to hold my breath on that since I'm pretty sure there are no LM dealers anywhere around my area.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)