View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 04:06 PM

Loudspeakers in general are inefficient, converting a considerable amount of power into heat. That said, the sensitivity on products like 802 Diamond are reasonable at 90dB 2.82V/1M. Where they require a competent amplifier is in the low frequencies. Not too difficult to find provided you stay away from single ended tube designs and OTLs. Either way, you pay for good power to the loudspeaker, or the subwoofer.

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinpsycho View Post
Yes...both the 802D & 803D will sound better because they're 3 way, the 805D is only a 2 way. The 802D and 803D will have better mid bass and lower bass than the 805D but they're very inefficient Speaker's requiring high current and high wattage type of Amp in order to drive them fully. By going with a 2 way type of bookshelf speakers, its highly recommended that you add a subwoofer to give you the mid bass and lower bass that your lacking vs the floorstanding.... just suggesting alternative....I have demo's many type of floorstanding, electrostatic, and bookshelf speakers and finally deciding with the bookshelf speakers with the sub. I have also noticed owners of 802's adding a sub to their system..I like the sound of the 802, and was at one point of thinking of purchasing them but I realized it would be an overkill in my tiny space.